Synthetic grass is considerably easier to maintain. This is why savvy homeowners in Gold Coast have resorted to using synthetic turf for their lawns. It’s evergreen, does not tend to dry up and doesn’t require a great deal of upkeep like mowing or caring. Though it is definitely an advantage the following tips and tricks would ensure that your synthetic grass looks as good as new.
- Make sure that you have the necessary tools for making your lawn look great. Though you may put back your land mower but you do need to keep a hose, a leaf blower and a rake handy. Using these tools on a regular basis ensures that your grass remains well kept and beautiful.
- If you see a great deal of sand on your turf, don’t worry. This is quite common. Just make sure to sweep the sand away on a regular basis so it makes its way back into the infill.
- Although you may possess synthetic grass in your lawn, it’s likely to get dirty every now and then. Dust and debris from falling leaves and blowing winds can make your grass look crummy. Regular cleaning ensures that doesn’t happen. Make use of a leaf blower to get rid of fallen leaves.
- Always clean up the mess as soon as it’s made. Since synthetic grass won’t recycle itself it needs to be mopped and cleaned using the right detergents. For people who have pets and children a thorough cleaning once a month is mandatory. For those who don’t use the lawn too often cleaning the grass every three months would work just as well.
- To ensure that the artificial turf looks as good as natural it needs regular brushing once in awhile. Natural grass stands upright and that’s the way your artificial turf should too.
- Use the right brushing equipment. Just any brush wouldn’t do. You would need a stiff brush with synthetic bristles. Keep in mind that metal bristles would only damage the synthetic grass. It’s not easy brushing large areas of the lawn but you can make sure to brush areas which usually undergo a great deal of traffic.
- Always make sure that pet excrement is cleaned up immediately. You don’t want your turf smelling bad. Also use an enzyme cleaner to get rid of the stench.
- To make sure your garden smells good use a water hose and some household deodorizer to add to the freshness.
- Even artificial grass is prone to weed growth. Instead of waiting for the weeds to sprout make sure to use weedicides which can help get rid of the weeds.
- Synthetic grass tends to get warmer especially during the summer months. If you have pets or children playing in the lawn make sure you cool it down by pouring water from the garden hose.
If you are planning to install synthetic grass in your homes in Gold Coast, make sure you contact recsuft.com.au, They have been helping homeowners design great lawns using synthetic turfs and have the experience to provide you with the best synthetic grass installation you can get in Gold Coast